Thursday, October 22, 2009

Chaing Mai

Just a quick update. I'm in Northern Thailand now, in a town called Chaing Mai. I've only been here a day but already really like it. It's a city that feels more like a town. It's a very old city, founded in the 1200's I think. The fun part is that it originally was a walled city. A small section of the wall still stands. Even better, outside that wall was a moat, a moat that still exists and delineates the old city from the new. How neat is that? Today was a wander the city, see some Buddha's day. I present pictures for your enjoyment.

A Crumbling Stuppa (Monument)


Public transport, at rest


Fruit Stand


Store Front


The remaining wall


The moat :-)


Ahh! The computer battery is dying. I had more I wanted to put up! Next time, I promise :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment