Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Another planet

It's quite possible that I've been flown in a mere hour to another planet. Or at least another dimension. You know my last post, describing the lovely calm that Laos is infused with? Throw that out the window, I'm now in Hanoi, Vietnam.

My taxi driver got lost, so I spent an hour driving through Hanoi, my head splitting from the constant use of the horn. I'm now on the sixth floor of my hostel and I can still hear the horns honking on the street. There are no traffic laws, just thousands of cars and motorbikes going in any direction they please at any time. Twice my taxi driver pulled u-turns in the middle of the street, in reverse. In all the countries I've been to, driving here is by far the worst. The few people I saw cross the street basically just had to step out into the meley and pray.

I did see one of the most amazing sunsets ever, just like you see in all of the pictures of Vietnam. Hope I can catch another on film. Now, off to find some food somewhere out in that insanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment